Monday, May 26, 2008

Anti-War, Pro Soldier

Memorial Day 2008 is almost over for most of us, but for many it's just beginning. I wanted to write something that could convey my support for the troops while making it clear we need to end this war as soon as possible. And then I discovered my brother had already done a much better job of doing just that than I could ever hope to, so please read THIS.

I'll just leave you with some anti-war songs of recent vintage. And if you only listen to one, make it "Day After Tomorrow" by Linda Thompson, a breathtaking version of Tom Waits and Katheleen Brennan's stunner from 2004's Real Gone.

Godspeed Jimmy... and bring 'em home.

Linda Thompson - Day After Tomorrow

Ike Reilly Assassination - Broken Parakeet Blues

Jason Isbell - Dress Blues

Josh Ritter - Girl in The War

A.A. Bondy - American Hearts

Lucero - Joining The Army

No comments: