Thursday, May 27, 2010

Day 13 - "Thirteen"


This one knocked me out today on the ipod today - Beth Orton and Sam Amidon pay heartfelt, off-the-cuff tribute to Alex Chilton with this gorgeous cover.

I found this at the Radio Free Song Club - a writers' workshop (on deadline!) for new, original songs from Freedy Johnston, Peter Holsapple, Freakwater, Laura Cantrell, Dave Schramm and a handful of others. There are some gems... and the price is right.

And god bless Alex Chilton.

Beth Orton & Sam Amidon - "Thirteen"
Big Star - "Thirteen"
Elliott Smith - "Thirteen"
Wilco - "Thirteen"
Evan Dando - "Thirteen"
Mary Lou Lord - "Thirteen"
The Resentments - "Thirteen"

2 comments:

bridaisy98 said...

THIRTEEN-this song was a little too slow for my liking. They need to add some emotion. It just didn't grab my attention. I give it a 6.5.

Unknown said...

I'm a french girl and i love your post ! Especially two songs: Eliott Smith ( what a frenetic life he had !) and Big Star. Enjoy !