Friday, August 22, 2008

Transformers

Perhaps sensing that I’m running out of steam 2/3 of the way through this endeavor (OK, I said “I’m running out of steam, give me an idea!”), Mary suggests a post on rock and roll types who have undergone some significant transformation. Not a David Bowie/Madonna-style transformation that is part of the show, but a real-live I-used-to-be-that-and-now-I’m-this-style makeover. Here are a few:

Y Kant Tori Read to Tori Amos





Til Tuesday to Aimee Mann





Johnny Cougar to John Mellencamp





Happy Alanis Morissette to Angry Alanis Morissette





Michael Jackson to Skeletor





Ministry to MINISTRY!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about Sheena "My Baby Takes the Morning Train" Easton to sex pot? Young Prince and the Artist Formerly known as ....? Going back a bit what about 60s Bee Gees (think Massachusetts) to Saturday Night Fever Bee Gees? Don't forget, my favorites, Bono w/ a mullet in the 80s to rock god of today.

Scott McClatchy said...

<<“I’m running out of steam, give me an idea!”...>>

You need ideas? How about this:
Five songs that you love that your friends don’t “get”

For me:

“I Like Trucks” - Kendel Carson
“Shelter” - Cinderella
“Street Legal” (The Entire Album) – Bob Dylan
“Gunslinger” - John Fogerty
“Baby Girl” – Will Hoge

Happy Friday!

Scott