Monday, March 17, 2008

SXSW Prologue - Let's Just Dance


It seems silly to write a prologue to my SXSW orgy of beer, music and beer after the fact, but I had no time before. What with getting ready to go (jeans, shorts, 5 pair socks and undies, 5 t shirts and sneaks, toothbrush & tooth paste, no razor thank you - ok maybe that didn't take too long) and figuring out who to see (I had 127 possibilities on my list - and that didn't include the day parties) plus hoop mania and actual work, just getting on the plane was a relief.

I guaran-goddamn-tee you it was worth the effort. 47 shows in 4 days. A little sunburn, a little hangover (and it was just a little), a co-pilot who didn't really get on my nerves, Philly folks everywhere we turned, our own little breakfast spot (wish I could remember the name - I only passed the joint 18 times) and weather that was almost perfect.
-
The above picture is The Felice Brothers and yes, I'll be spinning even more Felice yarns even if they're not too crazy about blog world. Because they crushed it live - and I wish I'd have seen them all seven times they played SXSW. But we settled for twice.
-
More to come!
-
... let's just dance.

No comments: