Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Michael Mannix’s Best of 2007

Michael Mannix is a 20-year-old student at Villanova. He has the soul of a 30-year-old contributing editor at Blender. His list is so good it makes me feel a little dumb.

This list is mostly generic. I haven't listened to much new music this year. Maybe Teenage Kicks could publish lists of the Top Ten Recordings not released in 2007, but discovered by the people [from the mailing list] in 2007? I would suspect that these records would tend to be more obscure, and they might expose readers of the blog to new styles of music.

1. M.I.A. - Kala
2. The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
3. Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
4. Okkervil River- The Stage Names
5. Laura Veirs - Saltbreakers
6. Marissa Nadler - Song III: Bird on the Water
7. Joanna Newsom - Joanna Newsom & the Ys Street Band EP
8. Blonde Redhead - 23
9. Panda Bear - Person Pitch
10. Justice - Cross

1 comment:

Trip McClatchy said...

I heard a zillion discs this year... yet only have two from this list, although I just ordered M.I.A.

Go Hawks.