Thursday, November 22, 2007

List of the Week: Reasons to be Thankful

1. Four tickets on the 50 for the biggest Border War battle of all-time.
2. Yearly countdowns.
3. A blogging partner who is cooler at 50 than I was at 20. Or 30.
4. The joy of discovering new music.
5. The joy of rediscovering old favorites.
6. The return of college basketball and cold nights in warm gyms.
7. A three-year-old’s newfound appreciation of “Blitzkrieg Bop.”
8. The love of a good woman.
9. Our favorite (and only) letter to the editor.
10. All of you who share this space with us. Listen

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from both of us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a loyal reader, thank you for writing this blog and the Teenage Kicks t-shirt that I wear proudly.

ps - Why did I know that the link after your thank you would be to the Big Star song recorded live in Columbia?

Michael Atchison said...

Actually, that's the version from Big Star's Third. If I'd been thinking, I would have used the live version, as it represented one of the high points of my life, the most fun I ever had in the Hearnes Center parking lot.

EvilWoman said...

There are t-shirts????!!!!