Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Can't Find A Better Man



He's written the definitive book on Missouri basketball, he's helped a man wrongly accused of murder earn his freedom, he's been a big time lawyer and he's traded clothes with Sammy Hagar.

But all that pales compared to the gentleman, father, husband, brother, son and great friend that has emerged after 40 years on this planet. I am reminded of this quote by Ben Franklin that best describes my friend:

"I will speak ill of no man, and speak all the good I know of everybody".

When I grow up, I want to be just like Michael.

Happy 40th Birthday, pal.


Better Man - Bruce Spingsteen & Eddie Vedder mp3


Jason Collett - We All Lose One Another mp3


Osmonds - Down By The Lazy River mp3

4 comments:

Scott McClatchy said...

Happy Birthday, Michael!!!

np: "I Won't Grow Up" - The Fools

:-)

-tom said...

Happy Birthday !
Nice shout out from Jim McGuinn this afternoon on XPN too.

Kelly said...

This picture does not do the old man justice. (Is 40 like being 80? Just curious,I have no frame of reference....) Anyway, he is much better posed in front of columns of Mizzou than the Liberty Bell...

However, I must concur, a very good man.... even if he can't hold his liquor...

Happy Birthday, friend.
~KS

Kevin McClatchy said...

Michael,
Happy Birthday. I look forward to the day that we can share an adult beverage and exchange witticisms at the expense of my much older brothers.